Wednesday 7 September 2005

Filosfy

It seems there is a little confusion about what this is all about. My aims in doing this are to raise money for the Woodland Trust; this is what I care about. The secondary aim is that I hoped that people might see what I was doing and think about how much waste / pollution they cause; the hope being that maybe people would see me going to such an extreme and then realise that they could put the effort in to reduce their waste production. I just thought if I can live in the woods for a year and still lead a full life then maybe some other people would think that they could put the effort in to recycle; choose products with less packaging and that kind of thing. Sadly I don't think I have quite managed to get this point across. To reiterate then; this is about the woodland and conserving them and that is it. If you read this blog and enjoy laughing at my trial and tribulations then please donate a little money to the Woodland Trust.

Next time you are in the supermarket buying vegetables. Compare the price per weight of the loose and pre-packaged vegetables and you will find that invariably the loose veg are cheaper so buy them and don't get the ones with all the needless polluting packaging.

There is no way the countryside could sustain everyone doing what I am doing and it is looking like the environment can't sustain what damage we are doing already. The point is simple - Plant Trees and Waste Less.

Now I really don't want to preach and bang on about it so I now intend to get back to trying to live in the woods, learn about art and build myself some sort of future. Oh and avoid being found frozen to a remote patch of Oxfordshire countryside come the spring.

2 comments:

Hugh Sawyer said...

Trevovski

I would rather not have the attention but it is need in order to get the sponsorship. As for getting neighbours, I do have a couple of other places to go that no one knows about.

Monkey Man

Jax Blunt said...

You're wrong about the loose fruit/veg thing. Very often supermarkets have bargain bucket type stuff, which doesn't come up to their perceived required standard to be loose pick, and so is bundled into huge amounts of packaging and sold cheaper. I know this because we are living on a very tight budget at the moment, and much as I would like to be environmentally friendly, and strive to reduce, reuse, recycle (thanks Bob for teaching my kids that one) it just isn't always economically viable.

Sorry.