Tuesday 18 April 2006

Kaboom

So Mike arrived, things got a bit crazy for the weekend. I’m very tired, Mike snores. I have told Mike that the only way he is going to learn how to do things properly is to go off and figure it out for himself and so he should go off and fend for himself. This is not because he snores this is for his own sense of well being, imagine how accomplished he will feel when he has figured it all out for himself. Something like that.

Mike brought a gas stove with him, I thought I would be nice and make a brew one morning, you know wake the new guy up with a cup of tea. I guess I should have read the instructions; I have never seen anyone get out of a hammock so quickly. After we had finished hiding behind a tree and gone to inspected the remains I promised I would buy Mike a new stove. Well I didn't wan't to feel left out, Mike had blown his car up on the way down. He ended up having to push it off the motorway. This meant that he arived without most of the stuff that he had in the car, it turned out that this was the usefull stuff. The stove was usefull though, or it would have been had it not gone a bit flamey.

Mike is getting good at lighting fires. He is also good at finding things, he found a shop in Lewknor, I'm sure there has not been one there for the last ten months. He found some other things as well that I have been looking for but I'm not going to go into that. He is lucky is all, how was I supposed to know that Boots sell nail brushes?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh yeah, you'll be fine in the rainforest...

Hugh Sawyer said...

Scope for more explosions :)