Thursday, 20 April 2006

Its going on

Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness never spent his last fiver on a brace of passion fruit martinis.

Anon.

I’m not sure how true this is but it appears that tonight I’m going to find out, I have hit the skint part of the month but tonight is Rob’s leaving do. He is leaving Sotheby’s to go and work elsewhere. This is London though, if I find a brace of any drinks for a fiver I’ll be sure and snap them up.

Oh yes, I remember, ages ago I was sat next to the fire and I figured out how to save the world. I think I’m going to be on line for a Nobel Prize with this one. I’ll explain slowly as there is a little bit of complex science going on.

Right

There are three problems

1 Global warming due to carbon emissions

2 Lots of rubbish going to land fill sites, rotting and producing methane which also causes global warming

3 The resultant rise in sea level

There is a solution to these problems.

1 Gather up all the empty plastic bottles that would otherwise go to the tip.

2 Fill them with sea water (thus fighting the rising sea levels)

3 This is the real genius bit. Get a soda stream and carbonate all the sea water bottles thus using up lots of carbon.

4 Take the bottles back to the Arctic / Antarctic (depends if you want to see polar bears or penguins)

5 Home in time for tea and medals.

2 comments:

steph said...

Doh! I've just given the soda stream away on freecycle!

ODM (Original Ditch Monkey) said...

we only have 24 hours to save the world and you've given away the soda stream!