Thursday 19 January 2006

Competition Time

Allegedly the middle of next week will see a cold front sweeping in from Russia where it is currently -20 degrees. It is purely by coincidence that I have booked a week off work from next Wednesday, this was booked a while ago.

The competition

Where am I going and what am I going to do?

Tie break question

What is your favourite letter of the alphabet?

The Prize

One ‘Spoon’ hand crafted by myself

Note: - the ‘Spoon’ bares no actual resemblance to an actual spoon. Further it should be noted that the ‘Spoon’ should not be used as a spoon on account not only of it’s size, shape, and number of splinters but also because it is probably made from Yew, Yew is toxic. Furthermore is should be noted that this prize has absolutely no monetary value and is in fact quite monstrously ugly.

Ditch Monkey accepts no responsibility for death or injury caused by looking at or using said ‘spoon’.

5 comments:

Memento aka a moment in life said...

hello there...

I read about you on a greek newspaper this morning (www.enet.gr is their site , but unfortunately for you it's all in Greek...)

congratulations on your feat and I hope you will make it for as long as you like.

I am a bit worried though about the already-mentioned cold snap which is coming your way...

take care and good luck

Oh, and about the prize... I used to make wooden spoons back in greece when I was around 10, when I was still adventurous and playful, when I used to spend more time with my dogs on the beach, when I almost encaved myself under an old fishing boat which I used it as a campsite during my imaginative games!
great years...

I will try to read most of your previous posts, cause I 've just discovered your blog.

Dave said...

What happened at the pre Christmas bash.

Have you tried getting a mention in the Woodland Trust newsletter.

Good luck for the cold snap.

Memento aka a moment in life said...

Oh forgot to give an answer to the competition...

Well, let me think...

I believe you are off to a No Name island probably in the Keys...(according to your links that is)... and probably staying in a really posh Suite on a Five Star Hotel...(just kidding). My bet is on snorkelling !

enjoy your holidays...

And you Do deserve a suite!

Favourite letter: Z

Hugh Sawyer said...

My fave song is Theresa Goode by the Shamen.

lola said...

I think you are off to the Eden Project. Nice and warm but still at one with nature.

My favourite letter? O it looks the same in a mirror.