Tuesday 22 November 2005

It's just so crazy it could work

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the people who run Blogspot? For some reason all the links and history have disappeared and it would be good to figure out how to get them back.

Also I was talking with Neil the other day, Neil does something with computers and banking by day and is an international trance DJ by night, you know the type. Anyway Neil is full of good idea and we were discussing what happens after the end of the year and coming up with some interesting ideas. Anyway as a result of this conversation we had concluded that it really was necessary for me to have some kind of power source so I could charge up my lap top; how better to live a full life whilst having a minimum environmental impact? Solar Cells are out of the question for the obvious reason that there is no sun, wind is an option but is not hugely reliable. There is an answer, Steam.

I will have a steam powered lap top. If you were to see the laptop you would probably think it was steam powered, it's a huge old thing that Emma gave me on account of it being obsolete. Now all there is to do is simply find a small steam engine and producing electricity from it. The idea is to also use the heat source to cook on and to make tea and or wash with hot water - no point in wasting anything. I will probably have to plant a few trees to counter any carbon produced in the process, but that's no problem, trees are cool.

2 comments:

Bob Ryskamp said...

I see the links and history on the homepage, but not on the individual pages...maybe that's what you meant?

You can put the same links on the individual pages by going to your "Template" section of Blogger, and removing the "MainOrArchivePage" tags from around the Links and Archives sections...then they'll show up everywhere.

Hugh Sawyer said...

Jabba, interesting will have to look into that

Lefumeur - I plan on keeping warm by jumping up and down, banging my hands together and shivering.

Bob, thanks it seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it was just my PC, lots of problems seem to disapear whenever I reboot it.