Tuesday 1 November 2005

a bit parky

It was cold when I woke up this morning; no amount of retreating deeper into my sleeping bag rectified the problem. I was tempted to take both sleeping bags with me tonight but it is too early on to do this just yet. I want to save the second sleeping bag for the depths of winter. In the mean time then I’m going to have to just build up some sort of tolerance to the cold. After all (see my blog of August 15th) it is going to be a cold winter.

To get warm I ran most of the way to the bus and got there at 6.15 thinking that I could stop at a café in London for a cup of tea on the way into work. I had to wait half an hour for the bus, bang went the café idea.

2 comments:

Hugh Sawyer said...

Hi Tom

The ground is still quite warm so it was not acting as a heat sink. It was more lots of cold air coming in around the top of the bag. I have a solution for this but I'm saving that for when it gets really cold.

Hugh Sawyer said...

Tom! er I mean Tony. Sorry dude