Thursday 18 June 2009

new job

Well there is just one more night to go before moving out to the woods and I'm glad to report that it is raining. Yay. I'm making the most of tonight by doing as much sitting around doing little as possible and appreciating the whole being warm, dry and comfortable thing. Today also brought about a change of employment for the coming year, no longer am I to be a private chef, now I will be gainfully employed as a property manager ensuring the smooth running of a small portfolio of chalets in Verbier. No doubt I will still do the odd bit of cooking and I'll be sure to keep you up to date with any particularly good recipes I come up with.

It has been brought to my attention that I run the risk of ending up in someone else's recipes in August, the mountains are awash with hunters that month so there is a danger of being mistakenly shot if I walk into the wrong area so that's something to watch out for. Seems like the Alps are beset with distinctly more dangers than rural Oxfordshire where they have the good grace to mostly only shoot at things in the air, a place I rarely inhabit.

No comments: