Monday 20 June 2005

Day 20, heat, mossies, water, sunburn.

What a lovely sunny weekend, how jolly to be out in the countryside. How lovely it is to be carrying about a bag that weighed between 40 and 50 lbs in temperatures that reached 33 degrees.

I found 15 moss's bites on my back this morning, wearing the rickshaws saved me the bother of having to itch them so that was OK.


I spent some time watching with interest as a horse fly tried to bite me through my shirt, it was quite amazing to see it's proboscis come through the other side of the material in it's fruitless search for my finest blood. I would have been content to watch this for hours had it not relocated it's search to my crotch. Out came the moss's Guard and within seconds I was dripping with the stuff.

I found 15 Mossie bites on my back alone this morning, fortunately wearing the rucksack saved me the bother of having to agrevate them by scratcing.

All in all it was a fun weekend but very tiring, it is amazing how much effort life is without electricity, running water or cupboards. I would write more but I am very tired and I’m not entirely sure that thinking straight is an option.